- 1 Pkg of Pillsbury Refrigerated pie Crust
- 1.5 cups of Apple Pie Filling or you can use homemade
- 1 Egg
- Sparkle Sugar
- Caramel Sauce for dipping….optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Chop up the Apple Pie Filling in a food processor, and blend until smooth.
- Lightly dust a work surface with flour.
- Roll one of your pie crust dough out onto a large cutting work surface.
- Spread smooth apple pie filling on top of pie crust leaving about ⅛” of dough around the edges uncovered.
- Put the second Pie Crust on top and press lightly to secure and seal the edges.
- Make an egg wash by mixing the egg with a tablespoon of water.
- Brush the top pie crust with the egg wash using a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle with some cinnamon and sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter, cut the pie crust into ½ inches wide strips, and then cut again into your desired “fry” strips. Carefully remove them and put on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown and firm.