To make your own you will need:
- A variety of little pumpkins and gourds
- a drill
- a spade drill bit the diameter of a tea light
- tea lights
- a large sharp knife
- Gently cut a piece off the bottom of the gourd so that it will sit flat on the table. This is to stabilize and to make sure that the candle holder won’t wobble or tip over when it is lit
- Next, cut off the top of the gourd where you will want to drill the hole for the candle
- Once you have cut off the top or stem, you can use the drill to create the whole for the tea light to go. Make sure to only drill the hole deep enough for the tea light to sit in
- And there you have it: a beautiful addition to your fall decor! These would look great on a tray on your coffee table, or scattered around the dinner table, or placed on the kitchen counter to keep you company while you cook!
As Thanksgiving Day rolls around,
It brings up some facts, quite profound.
We may think that we’re poor,
Feel like bums, insecure,
But in truth, our riches astound.We have friends and family we love;
We have guidance from heaven above.
We have so much more
Than they sell in a store,
We’re wealthy, when push comes to shove.So add up your blessings, I say;
Make Thanksgiving last more than a day.
Enjoy what you’ve got;
Realize it’s a lot,
And you’ll make all your cares go away.