HOW DO I SOAK THE CHERRIES?
Just drain the juice out of a bottle of maraschino cherries and replace it with vanilla vodka. You will taste the vodka in these so use a good quality brand. I like the smooth feel of Stoli. Pop the lid back on and let them soak. The longer they sit, the stronger they will taste. At minimum, soak them overnight. Last time I made these, I soaked them for 48 hours and got rave reviews.
WHAT IF I DON’T LIKE VANILLA VODKA?
While this recipe calls for vanilla vodka, you can use any flavor you like; chocolate, whipped cream, cherry, absolutely anything you’re into. If you’re not into vodka, choose a different liquor. Spending time in the kitchen should be fun so let your inner bartender shine and get as creative as you want.
HOW DO I MELT THE CHIPS?
Place the vanilla chips in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave them at half power for thirty seconds. Stir well. Do this repeatedly until your candy is nice and smooth.
- One jar (ten ounce) of maraschino cherries
- 1 cup vanilla vodka
- 1 cup melted vanilla chips (you can also use white chocolate or candy melts)
- 1/2 cup blue sugar sprinkles
- Drain juice from cherries. Pour vodka over cherries in jar. Let sit 12-48 hours.
- Gently pat cherries dry. Dip in melted chips. Dip in sprinkles. Places on wax paper covered baking sheet to set.
- Serve within 24 hours.
- The longer your cherries soak, the stronger the alcohol taste in them will be.