- 2 Boxes of Pound Cake Mix (Whatever the ingredients the box calls for)
- Heart Cookie Cutter
- Red and Green Food Gel Color
- Loaf Pan
- Green and Yellow Frosting (Pillsbury Blue and Green Funfetti Frosting)
- Red Heart Sprinkles – Optional
- Mix on box of pound cake mix following the directions on the box. Add a few drops of red food coloring at a time until you get the red color you like.
- I use Wilton “No-Taste Red” because it doesn’t taste like red food coloring. It doesn’t taste at all so it is perfect for this cake.
- Once the cake is baked, let it cool and then cut the cake into even slices.
- Then, use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut out as many hearts as it takes to lay them face to face from one end of the pan to the other end. Make sure it is a snug fit but, leave room at each end for the green cake mix.
- Mix the second cake and add some green food coloring.
- Pour the green batter around the heart cutouts.
- Tap the pan on the counter so the batter will fall down the sides of the hearts.
- Bake it according to the package directions.
- Next, frost the cake with green frosting and add some heart sprinkles.