1 can crescent rolls
4 oz cream cheese – room temperature
1 teaspoon lemon zest
1 1/2 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 cup powered sugar
2 – 3 tablespoons milk
- Heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Blend cream cheese, lemon zest, lemon juice and sugar using a hand mixer until smooth.
- Lay out crescent rolls on parchment paper in the shape of a rectangle. Pinch together triangles to make one piece of dough. Roll out dough with a rolling pin to about a 12 X 8 size.
- Spread cream cheese mixture down middle of dough up to 1/2 inch to edge. Starting on long edge, gently roll dough finishing with the last edge underneath pastry.
- Gently move roll to a baking pan and chill in refrigerator for 20 – 30 minutes.
- Remove from refrigerator and using a serrated knife, cut roll into 1″ pieces. Place on parchment lined baking sheet in the form of a circle, overlapping each slice.
- Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until golden brown. Cool slightly.
- Whisk powered sugar and milk together. Drizzle over warm danish and serve.