Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
Yield: 4 servings
Serving size: 1 cup
- ¾ lbs sirloin beef, sliced thin, pepper to taste
- 1½ Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp peanut oil
- 1 tsp fresh ginger, minced
- 2 Tbsp water
- ½ lb broccoli florets
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- ½ cup snow peas, ends off + deveined
- ¼ cup water chestnuts, drained
- 1 Tbsp garlic, minced
- ⅛ cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- juice from 1 large orange (about ½ cup)
- ½ tsp crushed red pepper
- Lightly season beef with pepper. Lightly coat cornstarch over beef on both sides.
- Heat peanut oil in a wok or a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add beef and ginger then stir-fry for 1-2 minutes. Transfer beef to a bowl, cover with foil or plastic wrap and set aside.
- Turn heat down to medium and add water to the hot wok. Add broccoli, bell pepper, snow peas, water chestnuts and garlic then carefully cover top with foil and steam for 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is tender. Stir.
- Pour soy sauce, orange juice, water and red pepper into the wok and bring to boil. Return the cooked beef and stir until sauce thickens, about 2-3 minutes.
Per Serving: (1 cup)
Calories from fat: 175
Saturated Fat: 6g