Prep time: 20 mins
Total time: 20 mins
Serves: About 20 rolls
- 1 Avocado
- ¼ Cup of Basil Leaves (a small bunch)
- 1 Clove Garlic
- 2 teaspoons Lime Juice
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Nutritional Yeast
- Several Grinds of Pepper
- 1 Cucumber
- Smoked or Sweet Paprika for Garnish
- Toss all the ingredients (except the cucumber and paprika) into a food processor or blender. Or if you would like to do it by hand, finely mince the garlic and basil, and mash all the ingredients together with a fork until smooth and creamy.
- Use a mandoline or potato peeler to cut long thin strips from the cucumber.
- Take a cucumber strip and spread a thin coat of the avocado mixture along the length of the cucumber. A little goes a long way! Make sure to get some avocado all the way to the end, so it will stick the roll together.
- Roll it up! No toothpicks needed. Do the same with the rest of your cucumber strips. Sprinkle with a little paprika and serve right away.
- Cucumber is watery and softens quickly, so if you plan on bringing these to a party, prepare the avocado spread that morning, and store in an air tight container. Bring a whole cucumber and potato peeler and assemble at the party.